The Campaign is looking for a new Campaign Coordinator to start as soon as possible (Re-advertisement)
The purpose of the Campaign is to build an international network that brings together individuals and organizations with an interest in promoting and providing safe abortion. We aim to create a shared platform for advocacy, debate and dialogue, as well as the sharing of skills and experience.The current team consists of a full-time coordinator and four part-time staff. The Campaign has grown considerably over the past three years, both in terms of the membership, the activities and responsibilities that we have taken on, and the workload involved. The current coordinator wishes to step back from a directorial role, but will remain responsible for knowledge creation and dissemination. We are advertising for someone to take the leadership on planning and implementing our priority activities in the coming five years, build on the achievements of the Campaign to date, manage the work of the staff and fundraise.
We are looking for someone with at least 10 years of experience managing an international network or organisation, with a global south background and experience and a history of work for abortion and reproductive rights.
Salary: Depending on experience
Contract duration: Open-ended, depending on funding
Start date: Immediately or as soon as possible.
Roles and responsibilities
Strategic planning and direction of all Campaign activities (50 percent)
- Promoting the Campaign’s aims and objectives, building on our theory of change
- Developing strategic plans for the coming three years (e.g. membership and advocacy)
- Coalition building at international, regional and national level
- Building closer working relationships with Campaign members
- Representing the Campaign in international events
Management (30 percent)
- Managing, coordinating and motivating staff members
- Monitoring the impact of Campaign activities with staff
- Developing work plans for and with the staff
- Overseeing an application to become a charity
- Reporting to the current Chairing Committee, who are acting in a trustee role
Fundraising and Finance (20 percent)
- Developing a fundraising strategy and ensuring the Campaign is fully funded
- Preparing and overseeing management of the Campaign budget
International travel periodically
- Commitment to universal access to safe abortion as a public health and human rights issue
- Track record of building and sustaining relationships with donors, board and staff
- At least ten years experience in a similar job role
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of networking and campaigning in support of feminist goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Financial management experience
- Ability to work remotely
- Languages other than English (desirable)
Last but not least, we actively welcome applications from those with a background in and experience of global south issues related to abortion.
How to apply
Please send your CV, three references and a cover letter (1-2 pages max) explaining why you are interested in the job and how you think the Campaign ought to develop over the next five years.
Employment to date has been on a self-employed basis and all staff must have the right to work in the UK.
The organisation Promsex in Peru currently acts as the Campaign’s fiscal agent.
The application deadline is Friday the 2nd of November 12 noon (London time).
Interviews will be held on 5th of November.
Please send your application to: email@example.com
Subject line: Campaign Coordinator
All applications will receive a response.