AUSTRALIA – Training courses for health professionals by Children by Choice
Children by Choice is an independent, Brisbane-based, non-profit organisation, committed to providing unbiased information on all unplanned pregnancy options – abortion, adoption and parenting. They have a pro-choice and client-centred approach. Courses are delivered by Zoom for up to 100 participants.
Introduction to Violence and Reproductive Coercion and Abuse
9 May 2022, 9:00 am – 2.5 hours online
This training is open to all health and allied health care practitioners who may provide support to people needing pregnancy decision making counselling.
- The intersection of domestic violence, pregnancy and termination of pregnancy
- Reproductive coercion and abuse behaviours
- Diversity, young people and reproductive coercion
- Strategies for increasing reproductive autonomy for women and people with uteruses
- Supporting the pregnancy decision making in the context of domestic violence
- Assisting women and people with uteruses to access contraception less vulnerable to detection and sabotage
- Patterns of violence during pregnancy and the practice implications
- Discussion, reflection and self-care
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is also a full-day course on the same subject on 3 May 2022, a course on post-abortion counselling on 23 May 2022, and more.