Since then Children by Choice has been busy supporting pathways to compassionate abortion care across Queensland. One of the many ways they do this is through their professional development training.
The 2021 schedule is now live, take a look!
- Introduction to unplanned pregnancy counselling
- Introduction to reproductive coercion and contraceptive options
- Introduction to post-abortion counselling
- Unplanned pregnancy best practice counselling
- Intersection of unplanned pregnancy, domestic violence, reproductive coercion & contraception options
- Introduction to post-abortion counselling – resolution not recovery
And they provide sponsored training for regional rural and remote health care professionals, with priority given to regional/rural/remote professionals who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander; and they work with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and communities or organisations.
They also deliver guest lectures and presentations on request to tertiary medical, nursing, public health, midwifery, or law students, and other groups. These lectures are tailor-made to meet course requirements.
Participants have said the training is insightful, provides useful evidence, handouts, and discussion linked to practice. It provides information on how to advocate for women and access to practical content as well.
SOURCE: Children by Choice Newsletter, December 2020