The Campaign is looking for a Campaign Co-Coordinator to start as soon as possible (Re-advertisement)
Salary: Depending on experience
Contract duration: Open-ended, depending on funding
Start date: Immediately or as soon as possible.
The purpose of the Campaign is to build an international network that brings together individuals and organizations with an interest in promoting and providing safe abortion. We aim to create a shared platform for advocacy, debate and dialogue, as well as the sharing of skills and experience.
The current team consists of a full-time coordinator and four part-time staff. The Campaign has grown considerably over the past three years, both in terms of the membership, the activities and responsibilities that we have taken on, and the workload involved. The current coordinator wishes to step back from a directorial role, but will remain responsible for knowledge creation and dissemination. We are advertising for someone to work with the current Coordinator and take the leadership on planning and implementing our priority activities in the coming five years, build on the achievements of the Campaign to date, manage the work of the staff and fundraise.
We are looking for someone with at least 10 years of experience in a comparable position, knowledge of the field, and a history of work for abortion and reproductive rights. We actively welcome applications from those with a background in and experience of global south issues related to abortion.
Roles and responsibilities
Strategic planning and direction of all Campaign activities (50 percent)
- Promoting the Campaign’s aims and objectives, building on our theory of change
- Developing strategic plans for the coming three years (e.g. membership and advocacy)
- Coalition building at international, regional and national level
- Building closer working relationships with Campaign members
- Representing the Campaign in international events
Management (30 percent)
- Managing, coordinating and motivating staff members
- Monitoring the impact of Campaign activities with staff
- Developing work plans for and with the staff
- Overseeing an application to become a charity
- Reporting to the current Chairing Committee, who are acting in a trustee role
Fundraising and Finance (20 percent)
- Developing a fundraising strategy and ensuring the Campaign is fully funded
- Overseeing and responsible for the Campaign budget, finances and accounting
International travel periodically
- Commitment to universal access to safe abortion as a public health and human rights issue
- Track record of building and sustaining relationships with donors, board and staff
- At least ten years experience in a similar job role
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of networking and campaigning in support of feminist goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Financial management experience
- Ability to work remotely
- Languages other than English (desirable)
How to apply
Please send your CV, three references and a cover letter (1-2 pages max) explaining why you are interested in the job and how you think the Campaign ought to develop over the next 3-5 years.
The application deadline is 11 April 2019.
Please indicate if you are available for an interview on 18 April 2019 and where you have seen the job advertisement.
Employment to date has been on a self-employed basis and all staff must have the right to work in the UK.
The organisation Promsex in Peru is the Campaign’s NGO base and fiscal agent.
Please send your application to: email@example.com
Subject line: Campaign Co-Coordinator
All applications will receive a response.